Student Affairs Budgeting and Financial Management in the Midst of Fiscal Crisis: New Directions for Student Services, Number 129
June 2010, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
1. Becoming a Leader in University Budgeting (Lori E. Varlotta)
This chapter presents information on a variety of budget models and explores the leadership role of the senior student affairs officer in division and university level budgeting.
2. A Small College Perspective on Institutional Budget Issues (Eugene L. Zdziarski II)
The role of senior student affairs officers at small, private colleges often require a different set of skills and strategies than those at large, public institutions when addressing budget and financial issues as this chapter illustrates. The chapter looks at issues that leaders in students affairs must understand to exercise fiscal stewardship of their institutions.
3. Alternate Budgetary Sources During Budget Rescissions (Kurt Keppler)
This chapter describes revenue-generated and cost-saving strategies that student affairs divisions may consider during periods of budget rescissions.
4. Communicating with Stakeholders (Jonathan Eldridge, Tisa Mason)
This chapter focuses on key aspects of developing a comprehensive communication strategy during a time of financial and institutional change.
5. The New Normal: Senior Student Affairs Officers Speak Out About Budget Cutting (C. Renee Romano, Jan Hanish, Calvin Phillips, Michael D. Waggoner)
A qualitative study conducted in 2005 and 2009 describes the experiences of senior student affairs officers at twelve public universities as they managed significant budget reductions.
6. Preserving the Future from the Demands of the Present (Frank P. Ardaiolo)
In this case study of how one institution has implemented budget reductions, the vice president for student affairs reviews the issues faced and the processes used to implement the changes.
7. Developing Budget Models, Communication Strategies, and Relationships to Mitigate the Pain of Tough Economic Times (Lori E. Varlotta, Barbara C. Jones, John H. Schuh)
The final chapter highlights some of the most salient points from this volume.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Student Affairs Budgeting and Financial Management in the Midst of Fiscal Crisis: New Directions for Student Services, Number 129 (US $29.00)
-and- Writing a Dissertation For Dummies, UK Edition (US $21.99)
Total List Price: US $50.99
Discounted Price: US $38.24 (Save: US $12.75)