Rendering in SketchUp: From Modeling to Presentation for Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Rendering In SketchUp provides instructions for creating 3D photoreal graphics for SketchUp models using integrated rendering programs. The book serves as a beginner rendering manual and reference guide to further develop rendering skills. With an emphasis on step-by-step process, SketchUp users learn a universal approach to rendering varied SketchUp projects, including architecture, interiors, and site design models.
The book focuses on tasks and principles at the core of photorealistic rendering, including:
- Rendering process: Learn a step-by-step process focused on workflow within SketchUp’s familiar workspace.
- Universal method: Understand how the process can be used to work with a variety of different integrated rendering programs, including Shaderlight, SU Podium and Twilight Render**. These programs are easy to learn and function in SketchUp. >
- Textures and materials: Discover how to obtain, apply and edit texture images representing surfaces.
- Component details: Learn how to acquire and organize model details to allow for rich, expressive settings while maintaining computer and SketchUp performance.
- Exterior and simulated lighting: Learn to set exterior lighting with the SketchUp’s Shadow menu or illuminate a scene with simulated lights, lamps, and bulbs.
- Render settings: Use specific settings for various rendering programs to quickly set texture character, image quality, and graphic output.
- Computer specifications: Find out how computers produce renders and the type of computer hardware required to streamline the process.
- Photoshop post-processing: Learn how to further refine rendered images in Photoshop.
- **Free online chapters: The book reviews specific settings for SketchUp and the rendering plug-in Shaderlight. Given the ever-changing nature of technology, free, online accompanying chapters detail settings for additional integrated rendering programs including SU Podium, Twilight Render, and more.