Beyond Change Management: How to Achieve Breakthrough Results Through Conscious Change Leadership, 2nd Edition
October 2010, ©2010, Pfeiffer
—Jim Kouzes, Author, The Leadership Challenge and The Truth About Leadership
A comprehensive look at what it really takes to lead transformation successfully, written by two of the "masters of the craft." The author's best-selling first edition has been significantly updated to deliver critical insights about how leaders can achieve breakthrough results from transformational change, even in these challenging times. The book introduces conscious change leadership and provides insights about the critical human and change process dynamics that leaders must be aware of in order to succeed, and reveals why most leaders do not see these dynamics. Most importantly, it highlights the shift in worldview leaders must make to deliver greater success.
The book outlines the author's highly successful "multi-dimensional, process approach" to transformation, addressing change at the organizational, team, relational, and personal levels. It thoroughly addresses leadership mindset and behavioral modeling, culture change, and large systems implementations, providing best practices developed over three decades of successful consulting to Fortune 500 executives. Written for executives and managers, OD consultants, change managers, project managers, and change consultants, this must read book provides the foundation for successful change leadership and consulting.
- Based on thirty years of action research with Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, the military, and large non-profit global organizations
- Provides worksheets, tools, case examples, and assessments that you can immediately apply to all types of change efforts
- Contrasts two vastly different leadership approaches to change, and reveals why only one works
- Provides solutions for turning employee resistance into commitment
- Outlines the common mistakes in change and how you can avoid them
- Reveals the differences between transformation and other types of change so you can build strategies that really get results
Beyond Change Management advances the field of change leadership, and takes the concept of managing change in organizations to a whole new level. It is a must read for anyone wanting to stay abreast of advancements in the field.
Together with its companion volume, The Change Leader’s Roadmap: How to Navigate Your Organization’s Transformation, these books can be used as texts in corporate or graduate school training programs and courses.
SECTION ONE A CALL FOR CONSCIOUS CHANGE LEADERS.
Chapter 1 Achieving Breakthrough Results from Change.
Chapter 2 The Drivers of Change.
Chapter 3 Three Types of Organizational Change.
Chapter 4 Two Leadership Approaches to Transformation.
Chapter 5 Building Organizational Change Capability.
SECTION TWO PEOPLE DYNAMICS.
Chapter 6 Human Dynamics: From Resistance to Commitment.
Chapter 7 The Role and Impact of Mindset.
Chapter 8 The Role and Impact of Culture.
SECTION THREE PROCESS DYNAMICS.
Chapter 9 Conscious Process Thinking.
Chapter 10 Change Process Models.
SECTION FOUR ANSWERING THE CALL TO CONSCIOUS CHANGE LEADERSHIP.
Chapter 11 Answering the Call.
About the Authors.
LINDA ACKERMAN ANDERSON is a co-founder and vice-president of Being First. She specializes in planning for and facilitating transformational change in Fortune 1000 businesses and the military. Linda has spoken about her work on conscious transformation at national and international conferences, and is known as a thought leader and inspiring model of her message. During the past 25 years, her practice has focused on strategy development for major organizational change using Being First's renown nine-phase Change Leader's Roadmap.
Successful organizational transformation does not just happen. It is consciously planned, designed and implemented using advanced change leadership skills. In their cutting edge book, BEYOND CHANGE MANAGEMENT: How to Achieve Breakthrough Results through Conscious Change Leadership (Pfeiffer, September 22, 2010 / $55 paperback), best-selling authors Dean Anderson and Linda Ackerman Anderson provide a complete understanding of what it really takes to lead transformation successfully.
In BEYOND CHANGE MANAGEMENT, the authors reveal the human and change process dynamics that leaders and consultants must be aware of to design successful change projects, turn employee resistance into commitment, and deliver extraordinary results. They highlight why most leaders do not see these dynamics, and describe the shift in worldview and change practices leaders must make to succeed. Topics include:
- Achieving Breakthrough Results from Change: 60% of change efforts fail. Here’s how to achieve not just ordinary outcomes from change, but truly extraordinary ones.
- The Drivers of Change: Know the drivers of change and you can scope your projects accurately.
- Three Types of Organization Change: Know your specific type of change and you can build a change strategy that actually works.
- Two Leadership Approaches to Transformation: Most leaders operate on autopilot; here’s how to operate consciously and see what most change leaders miss.
- Building Organizational Change Capability: When you approach change as a strategic discipline, you ensure system-wide change capability.
- Human Dynamics - From Resistance to Commitment: Discover how to help employees satisfy their core needs so their resistance disappears and commitment blossoms naturally.
- The Role and Impact of Mindset: Mindset is causative; it determines everything else. Here’s how; and why mindset change is essential in transformation.
- The Role and Impact of Culture: Culture matters and determines an organization’s level of success. Discover which cultures produce greater results, and the keys to transforming culture.
- Conscious Process Thinking: The next evolution beyond project and systems thinking, apply conscious process thinking to build effective change plans.
- Change Process Models: Here are the nine phases that effective change efforts go through.
- Answering the Call: What do you stand for as a change leader? What is the difference your change leadership will make in the world?
As they did in their best-selling first edition, the authors challenge leaders to think bigger, alter their mindsets and leadership styles, and operate more consciously. BEYOND CHANGE MANAGEMENT expands the conversation about what transformation is, what it takes to lead it successfully, and how to unleash the human potential for greatness through consciously led transformational change efforts.
Beyond Change Management: How to Achieve Breakthrough Results Through Conscious Change Leadership, 2nd Edition (US $55.00)
Total List Price: US $97.00
Discounted Price: US $77.25 (Save: US $19.75)