Theology: The Basic Readings, 2nd Edition
September 2011, ©2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
In this fully expanded and updated new edition, leading theologian Alister E. McGrath brings together key theological readings to provide a concise and balanced introduction to the Christian faith.
- Readings are drawn from a broad theological spectrum and includes both historical and contemporary, mainstream and cutting-edge approaches
- Provides an introduction and analysis of each reading, along with a helpful glossary
- Uses the Apostle's Creed as a framework to introduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God, Jesus, creation, and salvation
- Includes a new section on the Holy Spirit and increased coverage of contemporary theology
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engage with primary sources
- Serves as an ideal companion to the bestselling textbook, Theology: The Basics, but can also be used as a concise, stand-alone reader
Theology: The Basic Readings is an essential guide to the major topics in Christian theology.