The Art of Understanding Art: A Behind the Scenes Story
April 2012, ©2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
The Art of Understanding Art reveals to students and other readers new and meaningful ways of developing personal ideas and opinions about art and how to express them with confidence.
- Offers an inquiryunique among introductory art textsinto the learning process of understanding and appreciating art
- Examines the multiple issues and processes essential to making, analyzing and evaluating art
- Uses cross-cultural examples to help readers develop comprehensive, yet personal, ways of looking at and thinking about art
- Includes an annotated glossary of the 'Art World', institutions and individuals that play a role in defining art as well as diagrams, textboxes callouts and other visual elements to highlight information and enhance learning
- Richly illustrated with over 40 images
- Suggests innovative class assignments and projects useful for developing lesson plans, and offers an online companion site for additional illustrations and information