Who Was William Shakespeare?: An Introduction to the Life and Works
January 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
A new study of Shakespeare’s life and times, which illuminates our understanding and appreciation of his works.
- Combines an accessible fully historicised treatment of both the life and the plays, suited to both undergraduate and popular audiences
- Looks at 24 of the most significant plays and the sonnets through the lens of various aspects of Shakespeare’s life and historical environment
- Addresses four of the most significant issues that shaped Shakespeare’s career: education, religion, social status, and theatre
- Examines theatre as an institution and the literary environment of early modern London
- Explains and dispatches conspiracy theories about authorship