This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book is intended to complement first-year statistics and biostatistics textbooks. The main focus here is on ideas, rather than on methodological details. Basic concepts are illustrated with representations from history, followed by technical discussions on what different statistical methods really mean. Graphics are used extensively throughout the book in order to introduce mathematical formulae in an accessible way.
- Discusses confidence intervals and p-values in terms of confidence functions.
- Explains basic statistical methodology represented in terms of graphics rather than mathematical formulae, whilst highlighting the mathematical basis of biostatistics.
- Looks at problems of estimating parameters in statistical models and looks at the similarities between different models.
- Provides an extensive discussion on the position of statistics within the medical scientific process.
- Discusses distribution functions, including the Guassian distribution and its importance in biostatistics.
This book will be useful for biostatisticians with little mathematical background as well as those who want to understand the connections in biostatistics and mathematical issues.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Understanding Biostatistics (US $96.00)
-and- Biostatistical Methods: The Assessment of Relative Risks, 2nd Edition (US $146.00)
Total List Price: US $242.00
Discounted Price: US $181.50 (Save: US $60.50)