A Concise History of World Population, 5th Edition
April 2012, ©2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This fifth edition of the essential history of world population is updated with the most recent and significant scholarship on the topic. Reworked sections analyze the impact of environmental and climate change, discuss declining fertility in developing nations, and track the continuing impact of HIV-AIDS.
- Central themes updated and revised to take account of new scholarship
- Includes new sections on theories of migration in pre-history
- Expands discussion of low fertility rates in developing Asian and Latin American countries
- Fuller coverage of population and environmental change, including the effects of climate change
- Bibliographic updates include weblinks to key scientific journals