Rethinking Pragmatism: From William James to Contemporary Philosophy
April 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Explores the work of the American Pragmatists, especially James and Dewey, on the issues of truth, reference, meaning, instrumentalism, essences, realism, pluralism and religious beliefs.
- The only available publication to provide a detailed commentary on James's book, Pragmatism, while exploring the implications of the American Pragmatists' ideas and arguments for contemporary philosophical issues
- Challenges standard readings of the American Pragmatists' positions in a way that illuminates and questions the assumptions underlying current discussions of these topics.
- Coherently arranged by structuring the book around the themes discussed in each chapter of James's original work.
- Provides a new analysis and understanding of the pragmatic theory of truth and semantics.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Rethinking Pragmatism: From William James to Contemporary Philosophy (US $93.95)
-and- Cannabis - Philosophy for Everyone: What Were We Just Talking About? (US $20.95)
Total List Price: US $114.90
Discounted Price: US $86.17 (Save: US $28.73)