Psalms Through the Centuries, Volume One
April 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is the first of a two-volume bible commentary covering the Psalms and examining the role of these biblical poems throughout Jewish and Christian history.
- Provides a fascinating introduction to the literary, historical, and theological background of psalmody
- Examines the psalms through liturgy and prayer, study and preaching, translation and imitation, and musical composition and artistic illustration
- Includes illustrations of significant psalms, helpful maps, and an extensive bibliography; an expanded bibliography to accompany the book is also available at www.wiley.com/go/gillingham
- A forthcoming second volume is planned, which will take an alternative psalm-by-psalm approach
- Now available in paperback, and published in the innovative reception-history series, Blackwell Bible Commentaries