Ecclesiastes Through the Centuries
April 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Presents an innovative, reception history approach to the study of Ecclesiastes, by tracing its influence on religion, culture, literature, art and social thought.
- Explores a fascinating range of Jewish and Christian readings.
- Features engaging and unusual examples from art, music, literature and history: from Thackeray and Orwell, to Salvador Dali’s Illustrated Bible, to the inflammatory exposition of Ecclesiastes at the funeral of Queen Mary.
- This is the third Old Testament volume published in the innovative Blackwell Bible Commentaries series.
- The series is supported by a wensite at www.bbicomm.net.