Lishman's Organic Psychiatry: A Textbook of Neuropsychiatry, 4th Edition
April 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
—from a review of the third edition in Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Over the past 30 years, thousands of physicians have depended on Lishman's Organic Psychiatry. Its authoritative and reliable clinical guidance was - and still is - beyond compare.
The new edition of this classic textbook has now been extensively revised by a team of five authors, yet it follows the tradition of the original single-authored book. It continues to provide a comprehensive review of the cognitive, emotional and behavioural consequences of cerebral disorders and their manifestations in clinical practice. Enabling clinicians to formulate incisive diagnoses and appropriate treatment strategies, Lishman's Organic Psychiatry is an invaluable source of information for practising psychiatrists, neurologists and trainees.
This new edition:
- covers recent theoretical and clinical developments, with expanded sections on neuropsychology and neuroimaging
- includes a new chapter on sleep disorders whilst the chapters on Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, Epilepsy, Movement disorders and Traumatic brain injury have been extensively revised reflecting the greatly improved understanding of their underlying pathophysiologies
- showcases the huge advances in brain imaging and important discoveries in the fields of molecular biology and molecular genetics
- has been enhanced with the inclusion of more tables and illustrations to aid clinical assessment
- incorporates important diagnostic tools such as magnetic resonance brain images.
With a Foreword by Marshal Folstein
Preface to the First Edition, ix
Preface to the Fourth Edition, xi
Part 1 Principles
1 Basic Concepts in Neuropsychiatry, 3
2 Neuropsychology in Relation to Psychiatry, 29
3 Clinical Assessment, 103
Part 2 Specific disorders
4 Head Injury, 167
5 Cerebral Tumours, 281
6 Epilepsy, 309
7 Intracranial Infections, 397
8 Cerebrovascular Disorders, 473
9 Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias (Including Pseudodementias), 543
10 Endocrine Diseases and Metabolic Disorders, 617
11 Addictive and Toxic Disorders, 689
12 Movement Disorders, 745
13 Sleep Disorders, 817
14 Other Disorders of the Nervous System, 845
Colour plates are found facing p. 469
Anthony David is Professor of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry, King's College, London, and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
Simon Fleminger is Consultant Neuropsychiatrist responsible for the Brain Injury Unit at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
Michael Kopelman is Professor of Neuropsychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry, King's College, London, and Consultant Neuropsychiatrist, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK.
Simon Lovestone is Professor of Old Age Psychiatry at the NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health; MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research; Departments of Psychological Medicine and Neuroscience, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College, London, UK.
John Mellers is Consultant Neuropsychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
Lishman's Organic Psychiatry: A Textbook of Neuropsychiatry, 4th Edition (US $106.95)
-and- Suicide Risk Management: A Manual for Health Professionals, 2nd Edition (US $47.99)
Total List Price: US $154.94
Discounted Price: US $116.20 (Save: US $38.74)