Equine Veterinary Nursing Manual
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Abbreviations and Acronyms.
1 Basic Management (L. C. Marlborough & D. C. Knottenbelt).
2 Anatomy and Physiology (P. D. Clegg, C. L. Blake, R. C. Conwell, E. Hainisch, S. A. Newton, E. M. Post, M. J. Senior, S. L. Taylor & A. J. Wise).
3 Genetics (G. A. Munroe).
4 Reproduction (J. F. Pycock).
5 Nutrition (P. A. Harris).
6 Clinical Nutrition (P. A. Harris & J. M. Naylor).
7 Basic First Aid (N. E. Haizelden & H. J. Hangartner).
8 General Nursing (R. J. Baxter).
9 Safety Management in the Practice (A. Jones & E. R. J. Cauvin).
10 Basic Hospital Practice (J. Masters).
11 Medicines and their Management (R. J. Baxter & R. D. Jones).
12 Laboratory Diagnosis (L. L. Hillyer & M. H. Hillyer).
13 Fluid Therapy (J. C. Boswell & M. C. Schramme).
14 Medical Nursing (J. D. Slater).
15 Foal Nursing (S. J. Stoneham).
16 Lameness and Orthopaedic Nursing (E. Jones & T. J. Phillips).
17 Diagnostic Imaging (E. R. J. Cauvin).
18 General Surgical Nursing (D. Lloyd & B. M. Millar).
19 Theatre Practice (D. P. McHugh).
20 Anaesthesia (J. C. Murrell & C. B. Johnson).
* written by equine veterinary surgeons and nurses
* authors include examiners for the equine veterinary nursing examination
* includes contributions from experienced veterinary nurses holding the equine veterinary nursing certificate
* case studies are used throughout to bring the theory to life
* A useful reference for everybody in any veterinary practice doing equine work