From Timid To Tiger: A Treatment Manual for Parenting the Anxious Child
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book is an essential manual for mental health professionals who work with young anxious children and their parents. Organised into a 10-session parenting-based course, the book provides parents with simple cognitive behavioural techniques for helping their children to manage their worries and fears.
- The first manual designed specifically to help therapists take parents through a step-by-step approach to managing young anxious children
- The manual's empirical focus is highly effective in treating anxiety disorders in children under the age of 10
- The provision of scripts throughout the book offer realistic illustrations of the techniques described
- Stories and analogies included to explain the more complex concepts
- Includes handouts which can be photocopied and useful additional materials