Co-opportunity: Join Up for a Sustainable, Resilient, Prosperous World
In this book, green business guru John Grant shows how we, when we join forces through co-operative initiatives, can really make changes and work towards a better future.
John uses cases and examples from around the world, from social networks to social ventures, Carrot Mobbing to the Carbon Disclosure Project, to show how a move to greater co-operation via what he calls Co-operative Networks can be a way forwards for all of us to increase the common well-being.
Arguing that a climate for change can be created by engaging rather than alienating people, John also demonstrates ways of ‘relocating dreams’ to allow us to reassess our desires and priorities.
Whether you are a business leader, politician, armchair economist, environmentalist or general interest reader, the inspiration and ideas John Grant provides in Co-Opportunity encourages us all to think again about our individual behaviour and our actions – our ideas of what it is to be human - and to get co-creating to build a better world for all. Sit back and watch, or become part of this grass roots new movement.
PART 1: A CLIMATE FOR CHANGE?
1. Why don't we have a climate for change yet?
2. Organising for change: Obama and Transition Towns.
3. Putting organising for change into action.
PART 2: RELOCATING THE DREAMS.
4. If not consumerism, then what . . . ?
5. Relocating the dreams: growing our own, Nokia.
6. Putting relocating the dreams into action.
PART 3: CO-OPERATIVE RES PONSIBILITY.
7. The wall of irresponsibility.
8. Co-operative responsibility: the power of transparency.
9. Putting co-operative responsibility into action.
PART 4: ECONOMIC RESILIENCE.
10. Why the economy works against sustainability.
11. Economic resilience: Grameen, CCA and co-operatives.
12. Putting economic resilience into action.
PART 5: ABUNDANCE.
13. The difference between abundance and (financial) productivity.
14. Abundant systems; craft guilds and community currencies.
15. Putting abundant systems design into action.
Postscript: a checklist for world builders.
"...the inspiration John Grant provides...encourages us all to think again about our individual behaviour and our actions." (EnvironmentTimes.co.uk, July 2010)
"...highlights the challenges of sustainability and offers ideas on how to overcome..." (Global Innovation Report, 2010)
"Overflowing with creative ideas and expositions of what is happening in culture and society...Grant's excitement is infectious." (Sublime, March 2010)
"...the inspiration and ideas John Grant provides...encourages us all to think again about our individual behaviour and our actions..." (FreshBusinessThinking.com, March 2010)
"...offers insight for brands seeking a socially responsible positioning or, beyond that, businesses looking for totally new models of operation..." (Admap, May 2010)
"...a positive book, full of a wide range of inspiring ideas..." (Permaculture, Issue 64 - April 2010)
"...we recommend Co-Opportunity as the book to pick up..." (TreeHugger.com, March 2010)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Co-opportunity: Join Up for a Sustainable, Resilient, Prosperous World (US $27.95)
Total List Price: US $47.90
Discounted Price: US $35.92 (Save: US $11.98)