The Art of Credit Derivatives: Demystifying the Black Swan
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
The Art of Credit Derivatives shows practitioners how to put a framework in place which will support the securitization activity. By showing the models that support this activity and linking them with very practical examples, the authors show why a mind-shift within the quant community is needed - a move from simple modeling to a more hands on mindset where the modeler understands the trading implicitly.
The book has been written in five parts, covering the modeling framework; single name corporate credit derivatives; multi name corporate credit derivatives; asset backed securities and dynamic credit portfolio management.
- groundbreaking solutions to the inherent risks associated with investing in securitization instruments
- how to use the standardized credit indices as the most appropriate instruments in price discovery processes and why these indices are the essential tools for short term credit portfolio management
- why the dynamics of systemic correlation and the standardised credit indices are linked with leverage, and consequently the implications for liquidity and solvability of financial institutions
- how Lévy processes and long term memory processes are related to the understanding of economic activity
- why regulatory capital should be portfolio dependant and how to use stress tests and scenario analysis to model this
- how to put structured products in a mark-to market-environment, increasing transparency for accounting and compliance.
This book will be invaluable reading for Credit Analysts, Quantitative Analysts, Credit Portfolio Managers, Academics and anyone interested in these complex yet important markets.