An Introduction to Advanced Quantum Physics
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- The book limits itself to those topics that are absolutely necessary for understanding elementary particle physics and condensed matter.
- Intended for undergraduates who take a third and fourth quarter of quantum physics and to train undergraduates in more advanced techniques that will be necessary for applications of quantum mechanics
- Important concepts from classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, statistical physics, and quantum physics are pulled together to discuss the interaction of radiation and matter, selection rules, symmetries and conservation laws, scattering, relativistic quantum mechanics, and more.
- The strength is the presentation of all the topics of the book with a common convention for notation
- Includes problems within the text and solutions on the author’s website.