An Introduction to Advanced Quantum Physics
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This book consists of two parts:
Part 1 comprises the material suitable for a second course in quantum physics and covers:
- Electromagnetic Radiation and Matter
- Symmetries and Conservation Laws
- Relativistic Quantum Physics
- Special Topics
Part 2 presents elementary quantum field theory and discusses:
- Second Quantization of Spin 1/2 and Spin 1 Fields
- Covariant Perturbation Theory and Applications
- Quantum Electrodynamics
Each chapter concludes with problems to challenge the students’ understanding of the material.
This text is intended for graduate and ambitious undergraduate students in physics, material sciences, and related disciplines.