Private Equity as an Asset Class
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Often unfairly reviled, and frequently misunderstood, private equity differs from all other asset classes in various important respects, not least in the nature and timing of its returns, which require a whole new approach for those reared on more traditional investments such as bonds and shares. This book shows how a good grasp of the basic structure of private equity vehicles and returns (including the dreaded J-curve) can lead to full understanding of the techniques needed to measure and analyse performance.
Key points include:
- A glossary of private equity terms
- Venture funds and transactions
- Buyout funds and transactions
- Understanding private equity returns
- Analysis of historic returns
- How to plan a fund investment programme
- How to conduct effective due diligence
- Total Return investing