Improving Survey Response: Lessons Learned from the European Social Survey
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Key features of Improving Survey Response:
- A detailed coverage of nonresponse issues, including a unique examination of cross-national survey nonresponse processes and outcomes.
- A discussion of the potential causes of nonresponse and practical strategies to combat it.
- A detailed examination of the impact of nonresponse and of techniques for adjusting for it once it has occurred.
- Examples of best practices and experiments drawn from 25 European countries.
- Supplemented by the European Social Survey (ESS) websites, containing materials for the measurement and analysis of nonresponse based on detailed country-level response process datasets.
The book is designed to help survey researchers and those commissioning surveys by explaining how to prioritise the reduction of nonresponse bias rather than focusing on increasing the overall response rate. It shows substantive researchers how nonresponse can impact on substantive outcomes.