A History of Old English Literature
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Introduces Old English texts and considers their relation to Anglo-Saxon culture.
- Responds to renewed emphasis on historical and cultural contexts in the field of medieval studies.
- Treats virtually the entire range of textual types preserved in Old English.
- Considers the production, reception and uses of Old English texts.
- Integrates the Anglo-Latin backgrounds crucial to understanding Old English literature.
- Offers very extensive bibliographical guidance.
- Demonstrates that Anglo-Saxon studies is uniquely placed to contribute to current literary debates.