Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology: The Essentials
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Clearly structured and organized by major organ system, the book emphasises ways in which key signs and symptoms of disease inform diagnosis and the choice of treatment, together with the relevant pharmacological mechanisms. Each chapter has a clinical focus and includes clear learning outcomes, key points and model answers with detailed explanations designed to enhance students’ understanding of the physiology and pharmacology underpinning each case study scenario.
50 topics are covered and the cases presented include an extensive range of psychological, neurological, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal and reproductive disorders, their symptoms, complications and usual treatment along with the actions and uses of some widely- used drugs.
- An essential revision text designed to help students apply their theoretical knowledge to real-life cases
- Realistic case studies focusing on commonly occurring conditions and diseases
- Model answers throughout
- Learning outcomes provided at the beginning of each chapter
- Key learning points presented in the cases follow each model answer
- Helps students to understand the relevance and clinical implications of the topics studied in physiology and pharmacology courses
- Reinforces major concepts and definitions
- Includes a glossary with a full list of drugs and disorders to support the text