Speech in Mobile and Pervasive Environments
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Speech in Mobile and Pervasive Environments addresses the issues related to speech processing on resource-constrained mobile devices. These include speech recognition in noisy environments, specialised hardware for speech recognition and synthesis, the use of context to enhance recognition and user experience, and the emerging software standards required for interoperability. This book takes a multi-disciplinary look at these matters, while offering an insight into the opportunities and challenges of speech processing in mobile environs. In developing regions, speech-on-mobile is set to play a momentous role, socially and economically; the authors discuss how voice-based solutions and applications offer a compelling and natural solution in this setting.
- Provides a holistic overview of all speech technology related topics in the context of mobility
- Brings together the latest research in a logically connected way in a single volume
- Covers hardware, embedded recognition and synthesis, distributed speech recognition, software technologies, contextual interfaces
- Discusses multimodal dialogue systems and their evaluation
- Introduces speech in mobile and pervasive environments for developing regions
This book provides a comprehensive overview for beginners and experts alike. It can be used as a textbook for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students in electrical engineering and computer science. Students, practitioners or researchers in the areas of mobile computing, speech processing, voice applications, human-computer interfaces, and information and communication technologies will also find this reference insightful. For experts in the above domains, this book complements their strengths. In addition, the book will serve as a guide to practitioners working in telecom-related industries.