Dictionary of DNA and Genome Technology
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
DNA technology has a vital role in diverse fields such as criminal investigation and gene therapy – dynamic areas involving many specialized terms and techniques. This unique dictionary offers current, detailed, accessible information to lecturers, researchers, students and technicians throughout the biomedical sciences.
- More up-to-date than existing textbooks in many aspects of DNA technology – with over 1,000 references from mainstream journals
- Clear explanations of terms, techniques, and tests, including commercial systems, with detailed coverage of many important procedures and methods
- Explains not only well-established methodology but includes new technology and data from the latest research journals, going well beyond the remit of most science dictionaries
- Essay-style entries on many major topics to assist newcomers to the field
- Covers topics relevant to medicine (diagnosis and gene therapy); veterinary science; biotechnology; biochemistry; pharmaceutical science/drug development; molecular biology; microbiology; epidemiology; genomics; environmental science; plant science/agriculture; taxonomy; and forensic science