Vladimir Putin and the Evolution of Russian Foreign Policy
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Examines Putin's management of Russia's foreign policy two years after the first voluntary handover of power in Russian history.
- Considers how Moscow's current approach to international relations resembles and differs from that under Yeltsin.
- Analyses whether changes in foreign policy have been qualitative, or largely cosmetic.
- Explores growing talk of a ‘strategic partnership&apos' with the US and the West.
- Assesses the realism of such hopes and considers whether we are indeed witnessing a strategic shift in the mentality and conduct of such Russian foreign policy.