Work and the Mental Health Crisis in Britain
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Based on recent data gathered from employees and managers, Work and the Mental Health Crisis in Britain challenges the cultural maxim that work benefits people with mental health difficulties, and illustrates how particular cultures and perceptions can contribute to a crisis of mental well-being at work.
- Based on totally new data gathered from employees and managers in the UK
- Presents a challenge to much of the conventional wisdom surrounding work and mental health
- Questions the fundamental and largely accepted cultural maxim that work is unquestionably good for people with mental health difficulties
- Illustrates how particular cultures of work or perceptions of the experience of work contribute to a crisis of mental well-being at work
- Fills a need for an up-to-date, detailed work that explores the ways that mental health and work experiences are constructed, negotiated, constrained and at times, marginalised
- Written in a style that is detailed and informative for academics and professionals who work in the mental health sphere, but also accessible to interested lay readers
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Work and the Mental Health Crisis in Britain (US $88.95)
Total List Price: US $132.94
Discounted Price: US $99.70 (Save: US $33.24)