Compositional Data Analysis: Theory and Applications
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book presents the history and development of compositional data analysis along with Aitchison's log-ratio approach. Compositional Data Analysis describes the state of the art both in theoretical fields as well as applications in the different fields of science.
- Reflects the state-of-the-art in compositional data analysis.
- Gives an overview of the historical development of compositional data analysis, as well as basic concepts and procedures.
- Looks at advances in algebra and calculus on the simplex.
- Presents applications in different fields of science, including, genomics, ecology, biology, geochemistry, planetology, chemistry and economics.
- Explores connections to correspondence analysis and the Dirichlet distribution.
- Presents a summary of three available software packages for compositional data analysis.
- Supported by an accompanying website featuring R code.
Applied scientists working on compositional data analysis in any field of science, both in academia and professionals will benefit from this book, along with graduate students in any field of science working with compositional data.