Sustainable Development in Practice: Case Studies for Engineers and Scientists, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Written in an accessible style, the book opens with a general introduction to the concept of sustainable development and explores its practical implications for technical experts. Recognising that practical application of sustainable development depends on the context, the second part of the book is devoted to case studies. The case studies explore scientific and technical aspects alongside relevant environmental economic and social issues.
The key features of this completely revised and updated second edition include:
- Twelve new chapters, including the case studies on nuclear energy, biofuels, aviation, buildings, urban transport, food, sanitation and health.
- Six completely revised chapters
- Coverage of a wide range of sustainability issues in both developed and developing countries
- Integration of scientific and technical aspects with economic, environmental and social considerations
- Discussion of policy implications
- Communication with the non-engaging and non-scientific audience
Considered essential reading for all engineers and scientists concerned with sustainable development, Sustainable Development in Practice: Case Studies for Engineers and Scientists, Second Edition also provides key reading and learning materials for undergraduate and postgraduate science and engineering students.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Sustainable Development in Practice: Case Studies for Engineers and Scientists, 2nd Edition (US $75.00)
-and- Wildlife Search and Rescue: A Guide for First Responders (US $63.95)
Total List Price: US $138.95
Discounted Price: US $104.21 (Save: US $34.74)