The IMS: IP Multimedia Concepts and Services, 3rd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The IMS builds on the success of the first two editions to provide comprehensive coverage of IMS: its concepts, architecture, protocols and functionalities. It has been completely revised to include a number of new chapters which replace superseded topics, while remaining chapters are updated. In part 1, more information on TISPAN, I-WLAN, Cable is included and chapters are added on subjects such as ‘IMS transit’, ‘Communication Continuity (VCC / PS-2-PS Handover)’ and ‘IMS interconnection’. Part 2 contains two new chapters on ‘Multimedia Telephony’ and ‘SMS over IMS’ while part 3 is completely updated with chapters added on ‘Interworking’ and ‘Voice Call Continuity’. Part IV – Protocols, of the previous edition will be added to a new companion website.
- New edition of highly successful text
- Includes a number of new chapters while remaining chapters are fully revised and updated
- New companion website to include Protocols
- Places special emphasis on services, featuring more detailed descriptions of presence, messaging, group management and push-to-talk over cellular (conferencing).
- Explores the general benefits of IMS in detail and focuses in particular on its role in fixed-mobile convergence.