The Innovation Manual: Integrated Strategies and Practical Tools for Bringing Value Innovation to the Market
- Creating advantage in the minds of many
- Chartering innovation within the organization
- Preparing, developing and supporting the right team
- Placing customers at the centre of innovation
- Changing the organization to deliver the innovation
- Motivating the right partners and sharing the returns
- Building momentum in the market
Each topic is linked to an organized toolkit that allows managers to apply this knowledge immediately. The tools sit within an overall framework to show how they build on and reinforce one another. Along with this, the book guides busy managers on applying the tools properly, detailing the relevance of each for specific industries, and how to customize them when necessary.
1. The Three Challenges of Business Innovation.
2. Creating Advantage in the Minds of Many.
3. Chartering Innovation within the Organisation.
4. Selecting, Preparing and Supporting the Right Team.
5. Co-Creating the Innovation with Customers.
6. Changing the Organisation to Deliver the Innovation.
7. Building the Market for the Innovation.
8. Putting it all Together.
Professor Midgley has over 80 publications, including papers in leading journals such as the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of International Business, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science, Management Science, and Organization Science. He has served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Consumer Research and the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
He has extensive consulting experience in Australia, Europe and North America, including many projects for global corporation on current marketing issues. He was Research Director for the Australian Federal Government’s Industry Task Force on Leadership and Management Skills – the Karpin Committee). He is also the author of major reports on management development for the Australian National Training Board and international competitiveness for Austrade.