Power System Dynamics: Stability and Control, 2nd Edition
December 2008, ©2009
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- a new chapter on wind power generation;
- a new section on wide-area measurement systems (WAMS) and their application for real-time control;
- an overview of lessons learned from wide-spread blackouts affecting North America and Europe in 2003, 2004 and 2006;
- enhanced treatment of voltage stability and control, and frequency stability and control;
- application of Lyapunov direct method to analyse and enhance stability of multi-machine power systems ;
- expanded coverage of steady-state stability using eigenvalue analysis, including modal analysis of dynamic equivalents.
The book continues the successful approach of the first edition by progressing from simplicity to complexity. It places the emphasis first on understanding the underlying physical principles before proceeding to more complex models and algorithms. The reader will appreciate the authors’ accessible approach as the book is illustrated by over 400 diagrams and a large number of examples.
Power System Dynamics: Stability and Control, Second Edition is an essential resource for graduates of electrical engineering. It is also a clear and comprehensive reference text for undergraduate students, and for practising engineers and researchers who are working in electricity companies or in the development of power system technologies.