Convergence: User Expectations, Communications Enablers and Business Opportunities
May 2008, ©2008
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The process of convergence is characterised by complex interactions between different technical fields, business areas and end-user relations, where traditional telecommunications services, internet-based services and media broadcast services are blending into a continuum of rich new offerings. With these changes the existing hardwired links between user services and specific industry segments are rapidly dissolving.
- Presents guide to end-user market trends and expectations
- Includes models and analysis of new industry structures and dynamics
- Contains comprehensive discussion of innovation as a business driver
- Provides wide range of references to reflect the cross-disciplinary scope of convergence
- Offers motivation and suggestions for refocus of key business strategies
Convergence bridges the fields of business, economics, technology and social studies and analyses business models and practices from across a range of industry segments. The wide scope makes the book an ideal text for technically-minded executives, business-oriented engineers and anyone with an interest in the intricacies of the convergence triggered market changes.