Medicinal Natural Products: A Biosynthetic Approach, 3rd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Provides a comprehensive treatment of plant, microbial, and animal natural products in one volume
- Students’ skills in deductive reasoning are developed by emphasizing the relationships between classes of natural products rather than the more traditional descriptive approach
- Extensive further reading suggestions at the end of each chapter
- Boxed topics giving further details of medicinal materials, covering sources, production methods, use as drugs, semi-synthetic derivatives and synthetic analogues, and modes of action
- Extensive use of chemical schemes with annotated mechanistic explanations
- Includes cross-referencing to emphasize links and similarities