Creative Writing For Dummies, UK Edition
Creative Writing For Dummies covers:
Part I: Getting started
- Chapter 1: Can Everyone Write?
- Chapter 2: Getting into the Write Mind
- Chapter 3: Finding the Material to work with
Part II: The Elements of Creative Writing
- Chapter 4: Creating Characters
- Chapter 5: Discovering Dialogue
- Chapter 6: Who is telling the story?
- Chapter 7: Creating your own world
- Chapter 8: Plotting your way
- Chapter 9: Creating a Structure
- Chapter 10: Rewriting and editing
Part III: Different Kinds of Fiction Writing
- Chapter 11: Short stories
- Chapter 12: Novels
- Chapter 13: Writing for children
- Chapter 14: Plays
- Chapter 15: Screenplays
- Chapter 16: Poetry
Part IV: Different kinds of Non-fiction writing
- Chapter 17: Breaking into journalism - Writing articles/ magazine writing
- Chapter 18: Writing from life and autobiography
- Chapter 19: Embroidering the facts: Narrative non-fiction
- Chapter 20: Exploring the world from your armchair - Travel writing
- Chapter 21: Blogging – the new big thing
Part V: Finding an audience
- Chapter 22: Finding editors/ publishers/ agents
- Chapter 23: Becoming a professional
Part VI: Part of Tens
- Chapter 24: Ten top tips for writers
- Chapter 25: Ten ways to get noticed
Part I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: You and Your Writing.
Chapter 2: Getting into the Write Mind.
Chapter 3: Finding Material to Work With.
Part II: Introducing the Elements of Creative Writing.
Chapter 4: Creating Characters.
Chapter 5: Discovering Dialogue.
Chapter 6: Choosing a Narrator.
Chapter 7: Describing Your World.
Chapter 8: Plotting Your Way.
Chapter 9: Creating a Structure.
Chapter 10: Rewriting and Editing.
Part III: Writing Fiction.
Chapter 11: When Less is More: Crafting Short Stories.
Chapter 12: Writing the Novel.
Chapter 13: Once Upon a Time: Writing for Children.
Chapter 14: Penning Plays.
Chapter 15: Writing Screenplays.
Chapter 16: Rhymes and Reasons: Writing Poetry.
Part IV: Exploring Non-Fiction.
Chapter 17: Breaking into Journalism.
Chapter 18: Writing from Life.
Chapter 19: Crafting Narrative Non-Fiction.
Chapter 20: Travel Writing: Tales for Armchair Explorers.
Chapter 21: All About Blogging.
Part V: Finding an Audience.
Chapter 22: Finding Professionals to Publish Your Book.
Chapter 23: Becoming a Professional.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 24: Ten Top Tips for Writers.
Chapter 25: Ten Ways to Get Noticed.
Chapter 26: Ten Pieces of Writing to Inspire You.