Near-Capacity Multi-Functional MIMO Systems: Sphere-Packing, Iterative Detection and Cooperation
May 2009, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Providing an all-encompassing self-contained treatment of Near-Capacity Multi-Functional MIMO Systems , the book starts by categorizing the family of Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) schemes as diversity techniques, multiplexing schemes, multiple access arrangements and beam-forming techniques. Sophisticated coherent and low-complexity non-coherent MIMO receivers dispensing with channel estimation are considered in both classic and cooperation-aided scenarios. It is demonstrated that in the presence of correlated shadow-fading, cooperation-assisted systems may be expected to outperform their non-cooperative counterparts. The book contains a 100-page chapter on the unified treatment of all block codes in the context of high-flexibility, cutting-edge irregular Linear Dispersion Codes (LDC), which approach the MIMO-capacity. The majority of the book’s solutions are in the optimum sphere-packing frame-work.
- Sophisticated amalgam of five year’s near-capacity MIMO research
- Detailed examination of wireless landscape, including the fields of channel coding, spacetime coding and turbo detection techniques
- Novel tool of Extrinsic Information Transfer Charts (EXIT) used to address recent developments
- Material presented logically, allowing advanced readers to turn directly to any specific chapter of interest
- One of the only books to cover these subjects, giving equal weighting to each