Liquid Crystal Displays: Addressing Schemes and Electro-Optical Effects, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The second edition focuses on a variety of liquid crystal cells and their electronic addressing, and outlines new developments including:
- High performance VA cells, especially for TV, due to two subpixels with excellent γ-correction also at oblique viewing
- Short optical response times in the range of 1 ms also for inter-gray transitions due to novel addressing waveforms
- Fringe field switching for acceleration of rise and decay of luminance eliminating frame memories
- Reduction of motion blur by scanning backlights, high frequency frames, edge enhancement and motion blur modeling
- Very thin LCDs with power saving LED backlights exhibiting unmatched color purity and larger than NTSC color gamut
- Printed layers on hydrophobic and hydrophilic areas replacing photolithography
Practicing electrical engineers, physicists, chemists and display specialists will find this a valuable resource. Researchers will appreciate the practical guidance given for the design of improved LCDs, whilst students are provided with a useful overview of the field.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is an international society, which has the aim of encouraging the development of all aspects of the field of information display. Complementary to the aims of the society, the Wiley-SID series is intended to explain the latest developments in information display technology at a professional level. The broad scope of the series addresses all facets of information displays from technical aspects through systems and prototypes to standards and ergonomics