Understanding Physics, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- New edition will be completely revised and simplified
- The importance of the role of mathematical modeling in physics has been stressed more strongly
- New sections have been included on dissipative forces, forced oscillations, non-linear dynamics and on electromagnetic waves at interfaces between media
- A completely new chapter on optics has been added, including novel derivations of the equations for mirrors, lensesand Bragg scattering
- The emphasis on integration of the various topics into a view of physics as a unified whole has been increased; for example, the concept of flux (and Gauss’ law) has been introduced at an earlier stage to enable it to be applied to gravitation