Steroid Dimers: Chemistry and Applications in Drug Design and Delivery
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Steroid dimers are an important group of compounds produced by various marine organisms, and also synthesized in the laboratories. This group of compounds possesses various pharmacological and biological properties, and can also be used to create “molecular umbrellas” for drug delivery.
Steroid Dimers: Chemistry and Applications in Drug Design and Delivery provides an up-to-date overview on the chemistry and applications of steroid dimers of natural and synthetic origins. The book includes easy-to-follow synthetic protocols for various classes of important dimeric steroids, source details, valuable spectroscopic data and depiction of unique structural features of natural steroidal dimers, and the Structure-Activity-Relationships (SARs) of some pharmacologically active dimeric steroids. Topics covered include:
- introduction to steroid dimers
- synthesis and chemistry of noncyclic and cyclic steroid dimers
- naturally occurring steroid dimers – cephalostatins, ritterazines and crellastatins
- biological and pharmacological functions of steroid dimers and their application in drug design and discovery
- steroid dimers as “molecular umbrellas” for drug delivery