Neonatal Formulary: Drug Use in Pregnancy and the First Year of Life, 5th Edition
April 2008, BMJ Books
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The Neonatal Formulary is a unique book providing advice on the safe use of drugs during pregnancy, labour and throughout the first year of life. Thoroughly updated, this fifth edition draws on the experience of an increasingly international group of neonatologists and is now a well established reference on prescribing in infancy. It covers all the drugs commonly used in the perinatal period, including those used for fetal treatment, and summarizes how the prescribing of each has to adapt to changes in drug elimination during the first year of life.
Key features for the fifth edition include:
- fully updated monographs and references
- 20 full monographs for diseases more commonly seen in the tropics
- invaluable information on dose sizes and administration for babies
- further inclusion of evidence from relevant RCTs and systematic reviews from the Cochrane database
- a free access website with regular updates and links to other useful information.