Stock Enhancement and Sea Ranching: Developments, Pitfalls and Opportunities, 2nd Edition
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- The present situation of stock enhancement
- Seed quality and techniques for effective stocking
- Health management of hatchery stocks
- Methods for evaluating stocking effectiveness
- Population management in stock enhancement and sea ranching
- Management of stocked populations
- Ecological interactions with wild stocks
- Genetic management of hatchery and wild stocks
- Socio-economics of stock enhancement
- Case studies
Stock Enhancement and Sea Ranching has been written and edited by some of the world’s foremost authorities in fisheries science and related areas and is essential reading for all fisheries scientists throughout the World. Fish biologists, marine and aquatic scientists, environmental biologists, ecologists, conservationists, aquaculture personnel and oceanographers will all find much of use and interest within this book. All libraries within universities and research establishments where these subjects are studied and taught should have copies of this book on their shelves.