Quantum Non-Locality and Relativity: Metaphysical Intimations of Modern Physics, 2nd Edition
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Preface to Second Edition.
1. Bell's Theorem: The Prize of Locality.
Appendix A: The GHZ Scheme.
2. Relativity and Space-time Structure.
3. Finger Exercise: Superluminal Matter Transport.
4. Controlling the Connection: Signals.
Appendix B: Bohmian Mechanics.
6. Secret Messages.
7. Points of View.
8. Life in the Elastic Space-time.
An Overview of Quantum Mechanics.
Tim Maudlin is Professor of Philosophy at Rutgers University. He specializes in philosophy of science, especially philosophy of physics, metaphysics as informed by relativity and quantum theory, and the methodology of science.
- Contains a new appendix and an updated proof.
- Regarded as a work of high quality by philosophers and physicists alike.
- Stands as one of the clearest most accessible text on this central yet difficult subject.
–Jean Bricmont, University of Louvain