Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Although the specialist topics are taken to an advanced level, the entry point to the volume as a whole is not especially demanding. Early chapters provide a wide-ranging introduction to differential equations and difference equations together with a survey of numerical differential equation methods, based on the fundamental Euler method with more sophisticated methods presented as generalizations of Euler.
Features of the book include
- Introductory work on differential and difference equations.
- A comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of solving ordinary differential equations numerically.
- A detailed analysis of Runge-Kutta methods and of linear multistep methods.
- A complete study of general linear methods from both theoretical and practical points of view.
- The latest results on practical general linear methods and their implementation.
- A balance between informal discussion and rigorous mathematical style.
- Examples and exercises integrated into each chapter enhancing the suitability of the book as a course text or a self-study treatise.
Written in a lucid style by one of the worlds leading authorities on numerical methods for ordinary differential equations and drawing upon his vast experience, this new edition provides an accessible and self-contained introduction, ideal for researchers and students following courses on numerical methods, engineering and other sciences.