The Faces of Terrorism: Multidisciplinary Perspectives
Gets closer to the perspectives of terrorists - their views, how their acts are conceptualized by the public and by national leaders, and how this knowledge can be put to use
Brings together international experts from psychology, psychiatry, law and policing
Edited by one of the world’s foremost forensic psychology experts, David Canter
1. The Multi-Facetted Nature of Terrorism: An Introduction (David Canter).
2.From Naïvety to Insurgency: Becoming a Paramilitary in Northern Ireland(Neil Ferguson, and Mark Burgess).
3. The Rhetorical Foundation of Militant (Sudhanshu Sarangi and David Canter).
4. Case study: The Puzzling Case (from a Western Perspective) of Lone Terrorist Faheem Khalid Lodhi (Clive Williams).
5. The Primacy of Grievance as A Structural Cause Of Oppositional Political Terrorism: Comparing Al Fatah, Farc, and Pira (Jeffrey Ian Ross).
6. Case Study: The 17th November Group: Europe’s Last Revolutionary Terrorists. (George Kassimeris).
7. Terrorism and Organized Crime: A Theoretical Perspective (Dipak K. Gupta, John Horgan and Alex P. Schmid).
8. Terrorist Networks and Small Group Psychology (Sam Mullins).
9. Case Study: Youth Gangs and Terrorism in Chechnya: Recruitment, Activities and Networks (Michael Vishnevetsky).
10. The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend (Kevin Borgeson and Robin Valeri).
11. The Business of Kidnap for Ransom (Everard Phillips).
12. Case Study: Ramzan Kadyrov in Chechnya: Authoritarian Leadership in the Caucasus (John Russell).
13. From 7/7 to 8/10: Media Framing of Terrorist Incidents in the United States and United Kingdom (Mary Danis and Michael Stohl).
14. Cyberterrorism: The Emerging Worldwide Threat (Amanda M. Sharp Parker).
15. Disengaging from Terrorism (John Horgan).
16. De-radicalization and the Staircase from Terrorism (Fathali M. Moghaddam).
- International author team brought together by a high-profile Editor
- Interdisciplinary in nature – brings together experts from psychology, psychiatry, law and policing
- Considers the full cycle from how terrorists view the world to the public perception of terrorist acts
- Facilitates effective responses to terrorism
- Highly topical subject - huge increase in interest in terrorism in recent years (both academic and general public interest)
The Faces of Terrorism: Multidisciplinary Perspectives (US $152.95)
Total List Price: US $213.90
Discounted Price: US $155.92 (Save: US $57.98)