England and the Italian Renaissance
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This fourth edition of Sir John Hale’s classic history of England and the Italian Renaissance includes a detailed introduction by Edward Chaney surveying scholarly developments since the book was first published.
- Fourth edition of Sir John Hale’s classic history of England and the Italian Renaissance, first published in 1954.
- The book’s focus on fundamental issues and basis in little-read primary sources ensures that it endures as an important contribution to historical scholarship. Clear, chronological narrative, beautifully written.
- Provides essential understanding of the period, illuminating both British and Italian cultural history.
- The fourth edition includes a new introduction by Edward Chaney who is an expert on Anglo-Italian cultural relations.
- Chaney surveys the scholarship of the last 50 years and supplies an up-to-date bibliography.