Thoracic Endoscopy: Advances in Interventional Pulmonology
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Thoracic Endoscopy covers four key areas of practice:
- advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy
- the latest techniques for interventional bronchoscopy — including the traditional rigid bronchoscopy techniques, ablative instruments and stents — and a discussion of endobronchial lung reduction and gene therapy
- a window to the pleura, covering the field of pleuroscopy and the advances in diagnosis and treatment
- clinical problems and methodologies, and strategies for solving them using interventional techniques
Thoracic Endoscopy presents the only coherent guide to the full range of techniques and practice patterns, and is the essential reference for both experienced interventional pulmonologists and students beginning to practice in this rapidly-developing field.
1 Autofluorescence in the Detection of Lung Cancer.
(Michael J. Simoff).
2 New Technologies for the Endobronchial Assessment of the Pulmonary Tract.
(Mark E. Brezinski).
3 Endobronchial Ultrasound.
(Felix J.F. Herth & Heinrich D. Becker).
4 Advances in Diagnostic Bronchoscopy: Virtual Bronchoscopy and Advanced Airway Imaging.
(Rex C. Yung & Leo Patrick Lawler).
5 Medical Simulation: Current uses and Future Applications. (Joseph L. Tasto & Jonathan P. Balcombe).
6 Bronchoscopy and Computer Technology.
(Heinrich D. Becker).
Part II Advances in Therapeutic Bronchology.
7 Rigid Bronchoscopy.
(Jed A. Gorden & Douglas E.Wood).
8 Fire and Ice: Laser Bronchoscopy, Electrocautery and Cryotherapy.
(Michael A. Jantz & Gerard A. Silvestri).
9 Photodynamic Therapy for Endobronchial Tumors: Palliation and Definitive Therapy.
10 Stenting of the Tracheobronchial Tree.
11 Transtracheal Oxygen and Percutaneous Tracheotomy.
12 Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction.
(Edward P. Ingenito & LarryW. Tsai).
13 Endobronchial Gene Therapy.
(Robert J. Kruklitis & Daniel H. Sterman).
Part III Interventional Pleurology.
14 Thoracentesis, Percutaneous Needle Biopsy of Pleura, Small-bore Catheter Drainage: Does Size Really Matter?.
(Luis Miguel Seijo).
15 Medical Thoracoscopy.
(Sjaak A. Burgers).
16 Photodynamic Therapy in the Pleural Space.
17 Intrapleural Therapy: from BCG to Therapeutic Genes.
(Andrew R. Haas & Daniel H. Sterman).
Part IV Case Discussions.
18 Management of Patients at Increased Risk for Lung Cancer.
(Boyd T. Hehn & Michael J. Simoff).
19 Staging of Bronchogenic Carcinoma: an Interventional Pulmonary Perspective.
(J. Francis Turner, Jr & Arthur D. del Rosario).
20 Management of Malignant Pleural effusions.
(Michael S. Machuzak, Ali I. Musani & Daniel H. Sterman).
21 Management of Spontaneous Pneumothorax.
(Michael H. Baumann).
22 Obstruction of the Central Airways: Evaluation and Management. (William Lunn).
23 Management of Massive Hemoptysis. (John Conforti).
24 Management of Tracheobronchomalacia.
(Kelly A. Carden & Armin Ernst).
Daniel H. Sterman, MD, Director, Interventional Pulmonology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Armin Ernst, MD, Assistant Professor in Medicine & Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- First up-to-date reference covering the full range of new techniques and clinical practice in this rapidly-developing field
- Written by some of the world’s leading practitioners and pioneers in the field
- Covers advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy, the latest interventional techniques, discussions of endobronchial lung reduction and gene therapy, and advanced topics complete with illustrative cases and photographic illustrations