Blackwell Handbook of Adolescence
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Introduction by the Editors.
Part I: Biological and Genetic Processes.
1. Behavior Genetics and Adolescent Development: A Review of Recent Literature (Joseph Lee Rodgers and David E. Bard).
2. Pubertal Processes and Physiological Growth in Adolescence (Andrea Bastiani Archibald, Julia A. Graber and Jeanne Brooks-Gunn).
Part II: The Social Context of Adolescence.
3. Religious Development in Adolescence (Geoffrey L. Ream and Ritch C. Savin-Williams).
4. The Family Ecology of Adolescence: A Dynamic Systems Perspective on Normative Development (Isabela Granic and Thomas J. Dishion).
5. Sports and Leisure (Steve Danish).
6. The World of Work and Careers (Fred W. Vondracek and Erik J. Porfeli).
7. Education: Junior and High School (Jacque Eccles).
8. College as a Transition to Adulthood (Marilyn J. Montgomery and James E. Côté).
Part III: Developmental Patterns and Processes.
9. Autonomy Development during Adolescence (Melanie J. Zimmer-Gembeck and W. Andrew Collins).
10. Identity Development during Adolescence (Jane Kroger).
11. Cognitive Development during Adolescence (James P. Byrnes).
12. Moral Development During Adolescence (Judith G. Smetana and Elliot Turiel).
13. Emotional Development in Adolescence (Gianine D. Rosenblum and Michael Lewis).
14. Self-Concept and Self-Esteem Development (Jerome B. Dusek and Julie Guay McIntyre.
Part IV: Personal Relationships.
15. Dating and Romantic Experiences in Adolescence (Heather A. Bouchey and Wyndol Furman).
16. Crowds, Cliques, and Friendships (B. Bradford Brown).
17. Relationships Outside the Family: Unrelated Adults (Nancy Darling, Stephen F. Hamilton and Katherine Hames).
18. Adolescent Sexuality: Behavior and Meaning (Lisa J. Crockett, Marcela Raffaelli, and Kristin Moilanen).
19. The Intimate Relationships of Sexual-Minority Youths (Lisa M. Diamond and Ritch C. Savin-Williams).
Part V: Problem Behaviors.
20. Adolescent Pregnancy and Childbearing (Brent C. Miller, Bruce K. Bayley, Mathew Christensen, Spencer C. Leavitt, and Diana D. Coyl).
21. Alcohol and Other Substance Use and Abuse (Michael Windle and Rebecca C. Windle).
22. Understanding Conduct Problems in Adolescence From a Life-Span Perspective (Deborah M. Capaldi and Joann W. Shortt).
23. Leaving Home: The Runaway and the Fogotten Throwaway (Thomas P. Gullotta).
24. Crime, Delinquency and Youth Gangs (Daniel J. Flannery, David Hussey, Laurie Biebelhausen, and Kelly Wester).
25. Eating Disorders in Adolescence (Janet Polivy, C. Peter Herman, Jennifer Mills, and Heather Brock).
26. Depression and Suicide during Adolescence (A.D. Seroczynski, Farrah M. Jacquez, and David Cole).
27. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Adolescents: Risk Factors, Antecedents, and Prevention Strategies (Ralph J. DiClemente and Richard A. Crosby).