The Forests Handbook, Volume 2, Applying Forest Science for Sustainable Management
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Preface to Volume 1.
Preface to Volume 2.
1. History and Impact of Forest Management.
Part 1: Sustaining Forest Influences.
2. Forest Reserves, Parks and Wilderness: An Australian Perspective.
3. Forests as Protection from Natural Hazards.
4. Interventions to enhance the conservation of biodiversity.
Part 2: Sustainable Wood Production.
5. assessing Potential Sustainable Wood Yield.
6. Silvicultural Treatments to Enhance Productivity.
7. Sustainable Management of Soil and Site.
8. Management of Pest Threats.
9. Management of the Disease Burden.
Part 3. Sustaining Social Values and Benefits.
10. Working with Forest Stakeholders.
11. The New Forest Policy and Joint Forest Management in India.
12. Trees in the Urban Environment.
Part 4: Case Studies of Sustainable Management.
13. The Structure, Functioning and Management of Old Growth Cedar/Hemlock/Fir Forests on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
14. The Beech Forests of Haute-Normandie, France.
15. Restructuring of Plantation Forest, Kielder, UK.
16. Sustainable Management of the Mountain Ash Forests in the Central Highlands, Victoria, Australia.
17. Sustainable Management of Malaysian Rain Forest.
18. Sustainable Plantation Forestry: A Case Study of Wood Production and Environmental Management Strategies in the Usutu Forest, Swaziland.
Synthesis and Conclusions.