Statistics and Data with R: An Applied Approach Through Examples
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Assuming no previous knowledge of statistics or R, the book includes:
- A comprehensive introduction to the R language.
- An integrated approach to importing and preparing data for analysis, exploring and analyzing the data, and presenting results.
- Over 300 examples, including detailed explanations of the R scripts used throughout.
- Over 100 moderately large data sets from disciplines ranging from Biology, Ecology and Environmental Science to Medicine, Law, Military and Social Sciences.
- A parallel discussion of analyses with the normal density, proportions (binomial), counts (Poisson) and bootstrap methods.
- Two extensive indexes that include references to every R function (and its arguments and packages used in the book) and to every introduced concept.
An accompanying Wiki website, http://turtle.gis.umn.edu includes all the scripts and data used in the book. The website also features a solutions manual, providing answers to all of the exercises presented in the book. Visitors are invited to download/upload data and scripts and share comments, suggestions and questions with other visitors. Students, researchers and practitioners will find this to be both a valuable learning resource in statistics and R and an excellent reference book.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Statistics and Data with R: An Applied Approach Through Examples (US $105.00)
-and- Probability with R: An Introduction with Computer Science Applications (US $110.00)
Total List Price: US $215.00
Discounted Price: US $161.25 (Save: US $53.75)