Sound Patterns of Spoken English
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Concise, to-the-point compendium of information about casual pronunciation of English as compared to citation forms.
- Covers varieties of English language including General American and Standard Southern British.
- Overlaps the boundaries of several areas of study including sociolinguistics, lexicography, rhetoric, and speech sciences.
- Examines English pronunciation as found in everyday speech.
- Accompanied by website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/shockey featuring examples from different accents.