Wine and Philosophy: A Symposium on Thinking and Drinking
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Notes on Contributors.
Introduction: Planting the Vines: Fritz Allhoff.
The Art & Culture of Wine.
1. Wine in Ancient Greece: Some Platonist Ponderings: Harold Tarrant.
2. On and Off The Wagon: Wine and the American Character: Jonathan Alsop.
3. Muse in a Stem Glass: Art, Wine, and Philosophy: Kirsten Shilakes.
4. In Vino Sanitas: Fred Paola.
Tasting & Talking about Wine.
5. Mmmm… not Aha!: Imaginative versus Analytical Experiences of Wines: John Dilworth.
6. Talk about Wine?: Kent Bach.
7. Winespeak or Critical Communication?: Why People Talk About Wine: Adrienne and Keith Lehrer.
Wine & Its Critics.
8. What the Wine Critic Tells Us: Jack Bender.
9. Experiencing Wine: Why Critics Mess Up (Some of the Time): Jamie Goode.
The Beauty of Wine.
10. You'll Never Drink Alone: Wine Tasting and Aesthetic Practice: Ole Martin Skilleas and Douglas Burnham.
11. Who Cares if You Like It, This is a Good Wine Regardless: George Gale.
12. Listening to the Wine Consumer: The Art of Drinking: Steve Charters.
The Metaphysics of Wine.
13. Is There Coffee or Blackberry in My Wine?: Kevin Sweeney.
14. The Soul of Wine: Digging for Meaning: Randall Grahm.
15. The Notion of Terroir: Matt Kramer.
The Politics & Economics of Wine.
16. Wine Tasting Epiphany: An Analysis of the 1976 California vs. France Tasting: Orley Ashenfelter, Richard Quandt and George Taber.
17. The Old World and the New: Worlds Apart?: Warren Winiarski.
18. Taste How Expensive This Is: A Problem of Wine and Rationality: Justin Weinberg.
19. Shipping across State Lines: Wine and the Law: Drew Massey.